Woop woop! Converse actually had a sale--- there must be ice in Hades right now. I (a.k.a. Mom) scored two pairs of Chucks at 25% off, so they were about $42 a pop. They aren't that expensive to begin with if you ask me, but Mom doesn't like to pay fifty bucks for such 'insubstantial' shoes :P. I really like them because they are classic; I mean, I've seen them on the feet of stars in soo many awesome movies and T.V. shows. Let's make a list:
- B.J. Hunnicutt in M.A.S.H (my all time favorite show ever)
- Leonard Hofstadter in Big Bang Theory
- Dwight McCarthy in Sin City (great movie)
- Harry in Harry Potter
- Benny in Sandlot (a couple of the other kids too, I think)
- The Tenth Doctor on Dr. Who
- Ellen Degeneres of Ellen
- MANY other very smart, stylish people
- And me, of course :P
ANYways, so my new Converse came on April 5th. I was sooo excited. As well as replacing my battered old black high tops (I actually got tons of compliments on how dirty they are ;D) I got a pair in dazzling blue. I've wanted that color since I saw some girl wearing them when I was looking for an empty restroom stall at a truck stop (long, weird story). Bee got to see them in all their glory when I opened them:
| (^This was my entry for this week's photo challenge 'something blue'^) |
Rest in semi-retired glory, my old friends.
They didn't look this bad until I put them next to the new, squeaky clean ones (I did accidentally step in a mud puddle while feeding my horses before this pic, but still):
Sorry for the off-topic post this time :-] I'm such a fangirl.
No comments:
Post a Comment