April 6th - Bee got to meet Rhonda, the lady who gives my English riding lessons, yesteday, as well as my good barrel-racing friend Alexa and my good German-exchange-student-who-rides-dressage friend Jojo. We all went for a lesson together, and Bee loved having the chance to ride a horse (she'll be able to do tons more riding this summer when the show season starts, but the first time is always the best):
| We got to ride Mayday. He's super cool, if a little strong. I may or may not have jumped off of him once a long time ago, but it's behind us :P |
The lesson was awesome and we had a lot of fun. Afterwards we had to go to the farm store in Jefferson to get some Vetricin for my horse's injury, and I took a detour to show Bee the little chicks:
They are sooooo cute, and only about a dollar a piece. It's so tempting to buy (or steal. . .) a little ball of cheeping fluff until you realize it'll grow up to be an insane feathered chunk of flying, murderous, chicken nugget (I have large farm bird issues). But Bee liked meeting them, and it's too bad I forgot to bring her into the Carroll farm store after the lesson because they have baby bunnies too, and she would've loved to meet some Iowan cousins, I think.
Oh well, maybe next time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment